Überschüssiges Vitamin D3

Excess vitamin D3

Excess vitamin D3

Side effects of too high vitamin D3 intake


Vitamin D3 is valuable for our body and can offer us a lot. However, it should be understood that taking too much of it may have undesirable effects and can bring our body into a problematic situation. Therefore, it is advisable to be aware of the side effects before taking an excessive amount of vitamin D.

Since vitamin D facilitates calcium intake and contributes to the maintenance of a normal calcium and phosphor mirror in the blood, an overdose of this vitamin leads rather to calcification of the soft tissue and renal stone formation. In addition to the formation of renal stones, an overdose of vitamin D can also lead to excessive urine production. Taking high doses of this vitamin can lead to nycturia, a disease that is characterized by it several times to get up to urinate.

Vitamin D enrichment

In addition, high calcium levels are included in the blood (also called hypercalemia) to the most common side effects of excessive vitamin D enrichment. Anyone who suffers from hypercalemia usually has extreme thirst, nausea, muscle weakness, muscle cramps, abdominal pain, confusion or lethargy. An overdose can also lead to heart diseases or high blood pressure. Repetuousness, nausea, vomiting, constipation, bone pain, insomnia or frequent urination are some of the problems due to overdose.

Above all, one thing is important: who occupies vitamin D preparations, must adhere to the prescribed dose. The best way to enable the body to cover its vitamin D needs is to spend a part of his time outdoors and enjoy the sun.

Nephrologists describe the consequences of vitamin D overdose


An overdose vitamin D, also known as "sunshine vitamin", can lead to renal failure. A team of Canadian scientists under the direction of Bourne L. Auguste examined the medical history of a 54-year-old patient and published the results in the Canadian Medical Association Journal.

In the nephrological clinic, in which the attending physician urgently demonstrated the patients with suspected acute kidney damage, turned out that the man has taken high concentrations of vitamin D for several months. And just before his condition suddenly deteriorated, he returned from Southeast Asia, where he had held for two weeks a day for 6-8 hours in the sun.


Vitamin D is not a vitamin, but a precursor hormone. When the sun meets the skin, active becomes Vitamin D In the liver and the kidneys formed - almost 90% of the substance is produced by our own body. The remaining 10% are added when fatty fish on the

Vitamin D regulates calcium

Men's plan stands. The body introduces its vitamin D production as soon as he balances the defect. Vitamin D Regulates the calcium and phosphate metabolism and strengthens the muscles. In a vitamin D deficiency, the calcium level decreases in the body. Heavy vitamin D deficiency can lead to bone softening in children to Rachitis and adults.

Doctors prescribe artificial dietary supplements for people suffering from vitamin D deficiency, especially in the winter months when the sunlight is scarce. The dose is determined by a test. Anyone who occupies their own fist supplements risks that the vitamin D concentration is exceeded in the body. An overdose can cause nausea, hypotension and palpitations at best. In the worst case, it can lead to strong urinary urine and renal problems.


Researchers have put together a list of foods that replace multivitamines


That's exactly what happened to a Canadian man whose calcium levels were classified as too high from his doctors. The man reported that he considered a naturopathic patient vitamin D as recommended without subject to a deficiency test. For two and a half years he dropped drops with a total dose of 8,000 to 12,000 international units. For comparison: free-sales vitamin D preparations contain between 800 and 1000 units. We sell Vitamin D3 20000 Ie Vitamin D3 50000 And other vitamin preparations.

Back to blog