How many I.e. Vitamin D3 per day?
Since vitamin D is an extremely important micronutrient, we need it in our diet. In the context of a balanced diet, however, we only need a certain amount Vitamin D3 per day. If this amount is exceeded or undercut, this can lead to growth disorders and even diseases. Before we deal with the daily amount of vitamin D3 required, we want to see why vitamin D3 is so important and what diseases can cause it in the event of a defect.
Meaning of vitamin D3
Vitamin D3 is also referred to as a "sunshine vitamin" as it is converted to solar radiation in vitamin D. The role of vitamin D3 in bone salary is known. While this is a great job, but belongs to the tasks of Vitamin D3 When regulating the serum calcium level. Vitamin D3 absorbs calcium if more calcium is available as normal in the blood, and stores it in the bones. In a general calcium deficiency, the same Vitamin D3 atthat the bones resume and hand over the calcium.
Vitamin D3 is also important for the phosphorus budget in the blood. This is achieved with the help of the parathormone (PTH).
Diseases due to lack
Vitamin D3 deficiency and its context of bone disorders such as osteoporosis, osteomalacia and rickitis are well known. Psoriasis and vitiligo can also occur.
Mental disorders and vitamin D3
In recent years, studies have shown that psychic disorders such as depression and schizophrenia are associated with a lack of vitamin D3. When patients received vitamin D3 preparations, their psychic condition improved significantly.
The relationship between Vitamin D3 And mental disorders was not always clear. Over time, however, more research is operated in this area.
How many I.e. Vitamin D3 per day?
As with all vitamins, there is also a recommended area for vitamin D3. The area for daily intake of vitamin D3 is between 5000 I.E. and 20,000 I.E. The inclusion of vitamin D3 in this area promotes growth and strengthens the immune system. This is the amount of vitamin D3, which you can harmless daily.
5000 I.E. Up to 20,000 I.E. The recommended daily dose (FNB) specified by the Food and Nutrition Board (FNB) is recommended (Recommended DietaryY Allowance, RDA). This is the amount of vitamin D3, which can easily cover the needs of more than 90% of people of all ages and sex.
How many I.e. Vitamin D3 for patients?
For patients suffering from a lack of vitamin D3, the upper tolerable boundary (UL) is higher. You can harmless up to 50,000 I.e. Take. This value is a described upper limit and is recommended only for long-term supplementation.
Vitamin D3 deficiency requires higher doses of the vitamin. The intake of dietary supplements may be helpful because the small amount of vitamin D3, which is normally contained in foodstuffs Vitamin D3 needs can not cover.
As recommended, vitamin D3 supplements should be taken with caution and recommendation of a physician, which prescribes you the right dose you need to take. This ensures that you fix the lack of your body, but there are also limits for taking vitamin D3 so you can not exagger it. Too high intake of vitamin D3 is also harmful to health.
Patients with depression and other mental disorders are also prescribed vitamin D3 preparations alongside other drugs.
How many I.e. Vitamin D3 for newborns and infants?
Newborns and infants do not require too much vitamin D3, but since the breast milk does not contain enough vitamin D3, your needs should be covered accordingly.
For infants and toddlers, the recommended vitamin D3 amount is very low. It is only about 1000 to 1500 I.E. For children aged one to eight years, a lot of 2000 I.E. to 4500 I.e. sufficient. For children who are older, 4000 I.e can be taken without damage daily.
Vitamin D3 from the sun
Vitamin D3 is, as already mentioned, the sunlight vitamin. Vitamin D3 is obtained by sunlight. Usually 10-30 minutes of sunshine are enough to get vitamin D3. Patients who suffer from a defect should not only take vitamin D3 preparations, but also expose themselves to the sun.
- The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia. "Vitamin D Supplements: What Parents Should Know." Children's Hospital of Philadelphia, The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia, 19 July 2019, https://www.chop.edu/news/health-tip/vitamin-d-Supplements-What-parents-Should-Know#: ~:Text=1%2C000% 20To% 201% 2C500% 20IU% 20A, Children% 209% 20years% 20Nand% 20Lder.
- Raman, Ryan. "How to Safely Get Vitamin D from the Sun." Healthline, Healthline Media, 28 Apr. 2018, https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/vitamin-d-from-sun#: ~:Text=regular%20SUN%20Exposure%20is%20The.your%20Skin%20is% 20To% 20Sunlight.
- Stines, Yvelette. "Why You Need Vitamin D3." Verywell Health, https://www.verywellhealth.com/vitamin-d3-5082500.
- "Vitamin D2 vs. D3: Benefits, Differences, and more." Medical News Today, Medilexicon International, https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/vitamin-d2-vsd3#vitamin-d.
- "Vitamin D3 Oral: Uses, Side Effects, Interactions, Pictures, Warning & Dosing." WebMD, WebMD, https://www.webmd.com/drugs/2/drug-10175/vitamin-d3-oral/details#: ~:Text=vitamin%20D%20 (EGOCALCIFEROL%2DD2%2C ,Building%20and% 20Keeping% 20strong% 20Bones.